MXM AhG Kick-off [Apr'09 - Jun'09]
This is the kick-off of the AhG MXM. The AhG mandate is the following:
- Continue editing of following standards
- MXM architecture
- MXM API
- MXM Conformance & Reference Software
- MXM Protocols
- Prepare MXM Developer’s Day and disseminate the flyer
- Continue the development of reference software
- Investigate the possibility of moving MXM protocols as another part of MXM standard.
- Investigate the possibility of establishing a policy of having MPEG reference software in form of MXM engine (N10623).
- Update MXM website
Concerning 1. and 3., the work is progressing as the MXM community is constantly improving the API while developing the reference software. A new SVN repository has been set-up: http://wg11.sc29.org/mxmsvn/repos, more information for accessing it are available in W10630 and on the MXM web site of course. NOTE: The MXM code will be moved from the old repository (http://wg11.sc29.org/svn/repos/MPEG-M/) to this repository on Sunday 10th May. Developers are invited to synchronise their code with the old repository not later than Saturday 9th before the code is moved to the new repository in order to avoid code losses.
Concerning 2., MXM developers interested in presenting MXM Engines or MXM Applications in Session 3 of the MXM Developer’s Day are invited to contact the AhG chairs and submit a proposal for a presentation or a demo.
Discussions are welcome on this reflector and on the MXM blog (http://mxm.wg11.sc29.org/) on all the other items.
The MXM AhG chairs